Sunday, April 15, 2012

The News

I am moving back to the US on April 18th! It has been quite a process to come to this decision. To summarize in one paragraph I would say God spent some time stripping me of things I thought were relevant towards a decision to stay in Ukraine but in fact were distractions. There were emotions, fears, comfort zones, and assumptions about remaining tied to ministry I have been a part of. I feel God is calling me to go the place I had become a bit afraid to go: Nashville. I was worried it was the easy out, for one. And worried about the "unknown" of returning to Nashville and finding God's calling there. I had a pretty good idea what His calling would be if it was in Ukraine and what my life here would have looked like for the next year. I have developed roots here in Ukraine and they will be hard to give up. But I believe God is calling me to put down roots in Nashville in a way I never did before.

The main thing is that I cannot return to the life I used to have in Nashville. Well, on some levels it will look the same. But I really need to incorporate the lessons God has taught me and experiences He has brought me through during my year in Ukraine. I think God will lead me, if I am willing, to new ministry to be involved in. I recognized this year how satisfying it was to be a part of a team that was doing something great for the kingdom of God. I learned to hold less back from God and this greatly increased my understanding of being satisfied in Him. Seeing two of my brothers working in churches in the US helped me understand that what I experienced this year is not limited to Ukraine. Ukraine was certainly God's kickstarting point for me. But He has shown me that what is most important is to go where He leads and to take an attitude of being open to what He says to do, letting go of the "I won't like doing that" idea that has often been on my mind. He is freeing me.

To all of you who supported me, thank you! This year has been irreplaceable in my life. Even though I am moving back to the States, maybe forever, I have absolutely no doubt that Ukraine is where He wanted me this year. He used your support in the lives of students, worship teams, and friends. And He used it in my life in the areas of trusting Him, learning first-hand that His ways are the ones that satisfy, and teaching me to be willing to expand the circumference of opportunities and situations I will give a "yes, God" response to. And lastly, He has been teaching me a lot recently about pride, having an accurate view of myself, acting out of love, and the need to rely on Christ's love and redemption.
God knew what He was doing with me this year. That only keeps becoming more clear, and I imagine it will become even clearer as more of life passes and He continues to guide me, teach me, rebuke me, and be faithful to me.

So thank you to all my friends for your support of all kinds. I will be back with you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment